Saturday, December 5, 2009

Whats a way that I could convince my mom to let me wear more makeup besides lip gloss out in public?????

Whenever I ask my mom if I can just wear makeup besides lip gloss she doesn't give me a real answer. Somehow she always seems to be able to change the subject. A lot of my friends wear makeup but she tells me that natural beauty is everything!! EEEEERRRRRGGGGG!!!!!Whats a way that I could convince my mom to let me wear more makeup besides lip gloss out in public?????
Well - I too wish you had included your age but for the sake of conversation let's say you're around 13. When my daughter was about 13, she too wanted to start wearing make up, but I noticed that the other girls her age were wearing way too much and they looked like little hookers. This is probably what concerns your mom (I remember it was hard for my mom to start letting me wear make up too, so things really never change). I took my daughter to a professional make up artist at Macy's and asked her to teach my daughter how to apply her make up and to also help know when ';less is more';, so that I would be comfortable with amount of make up she was wearing. Try approaching the subject like this: ';Mom, I would really like to learn more about make up and how to apply it - some of my friends wear too much and I don't want to look like that, could we make an appointment with a make up artist?'; I think she'll be very impressed with your maturity and will feel better knowing that you don't intend on running around looking like a little whore!Whats a way that I could convince my mom to let me wear more makeup besides lip gloss out in public?????
If you have nice skin and eyes that need no enhancement, she's right. I used to feel like you do when I was a teenager. Most foundation makeup doen't look that good. Maybe she would let you use some dark brown mascara if you tried it and showed her how it looks
she is right.. natural beauty is everything. it also depends on how old you are. i didnt start wearing make up until i was 16... so id wait for around that age... try to show her you are responsible... and that qyou wont OVER DO the make up... light colors.
im havin the same dilemma it sux soo badly i try to tell my mum that i want to enhance my natural beauty it didnt work with my mum (well nothing ever does work with her) but try it and see
It depends on how old you are. Moms are always right.
first of all if your mom says no with no explaination your probably young.to young to be concerned with enhancing your outer beauty.make up is not for kids.there are more important things you should worry about.trying to attract attention by changing your looks isnt it.worry about getting good grades.getting attention for your looks in j.r.high only lasts for j.r.high.you have along life ahead of you,dont be remembered for your looks alone.
well first, age? whatever. you could try explaining to your mom that you're missing out and it's not really fair that you don't get to grow up with the rest of your friends. show her that you're responsible enough to wear makeup. i don't know her so i can't tell you what she'll say. i've never had any luck with getting my parents to listen to me. what i did was slowly start to wear makeup. little bit by little bit so they didn't really notice. worked for me.
One way is to show her how responsible you are. Help her out around the house without being asked. Make good grades in school. Never let her catch you in a lie. When she sees you as more responsible she will lighten up on you and let you do more.
You're mom is right. Not only is natural beauty more appealing, it's a lot easier to care for.


I didn't really get into anything more than some lipstick and a little shadow until I was 27. I just couldn't be bothered.


My friends suffered from acne, blackheads and all of the other nice little uglies that come with a young person's inability to take the time to remove the stuff properly, I never even had a pimple.


When I was in my early 20's all of my friends admired the way that I put my make up on. ';You can't even see it. How do you do that?'; I never told them that I wasn't wearing any makeup.


Wait awhile. If you still have to ask for permission, then you're still too young.
makeup isn't everything it messes up your skin it also ages you.But you do need to protect your skin for the sun maybe a lotion with some skin toner and a light shad of massacre couldn't hurt .Also your age is a factor
My mom used to sell Avon when I was in Jr. High and the bathroom cabinet was always full of samples and goodies in addition to my mom's make-up case being in there. My mom usually wasn't getting ready at the same time as me and so even though, technically I was only allowed to wear mascara and lipgloss, I would put a little tinted moisturizer on and some sheer cheek tint. One day my mom had to go somewhere at the same time as me and we were sharing the bathroom in the morning. My mom was apologetic and said, ';now, whatever you usually do in the morning, go ahead and do...don't worry about it because you always look nice when you leave'; ;-) Since I was doing a nice natural look, my mom didn't mind me wearing a little. I hadn't remembered that story in a long time, until your question.
if your mom wears make up take her makeup away when shes not home and hide. then she will that natural beuaty int always good.


if that doesnt work, put it on after you leave the house and bring an eye make up remover with youu to take it off before you go home

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
email hosting